to get your character teleporting around in VR you need a few things.
- Player Start in the level
- A GameMode where the Player Pawn is set to MotionControllerPawn – which is from the VirtualRealityBP template
- Set the Project Settings to use your GameMode
- a NavMeshBoundsVolume where you want to teleport.
- Meshes you want to teleport onto need to have a blocking volume (or good collision).
- Show/hide the Nav mesh hit ‘P’ or Viewport/Show/Navigation
- Under Build hit Build Paths to refresh the Nav mesh if you have made changes
Note: when you have a number of streaming levels you must open each individually and build paths if you make changes to the navmesh
Tip: if you have moving geometry in your level (like i have) then add blocking volumes around where the mesh ends up and for the floor. In this way the nav mesh doesnt change.