What to do about the dreaded black screen on Oculus Rift?
If you’re seeing a black screen while using your Rift S headset, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Disconnect and reconnect your Rift S from your computer. To do this:
- Unplug the USB cable from your computer.
- Unplug the Mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort cable from your computer.
- First plug your USB cable into your computer again.
- Wait five seconds, or until the light on your headset comes on.
- Plug your Mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort cable into your computer again.
- Unplug your Rift S headset and plug it in again. To do this:
- Carefully remove the facial interface from your headset. This will allow you to access the cable.
- Unplug the cable from the headset.
- Wait five seconds.
- Insert the cable back into your headset.
- Insert the facial interface back into your headset.
- Restart your Oculus service. To do this:
- Open the Oculus app on your computer.
- Click Settings on the left-hand side of the app.
- Click Beta at the top of the settings options.
- Click Restart Oculus.