1. import an .htr motion file into MotionBuilder
2. Merge a Character Template (if you have one, otherwise drag the Character Template onto the skeleton root using the one from the Templates folder in Asset Browser, then click characterise and drop bones into slots as needed )
3. Drop Character from the Navigator onto the root skeleton node in the Schematic view.
4. Choose Characterise when it says ‘Characterise’
5. Merge your Character file with the motion file
6. in the Character controls for your recently merged Characterised character, choose Input / Character, select Source as the .htr Character you just made.
7. Set it to active.